Monday, July 16, 2007
Book Review – River’s Edge by Terri Blackstock

My friend Liz from work introduced me to Terri Blackstock last year. Come to think of it you could think of Liz as an enabler. Yes – she is feeding my book addiction problem. I just discovered that fact. Someone really needs to come in and do an intervention. LOL!

Anyway – Liz was reading the “Restoration Series”. Terri writes her series with 4 books in it. Liz and I read the first two in the “Restoration Series” called “Last Light” and “Night Light”. They were very good. Terri just came out with the 3rd book in that series that is called “True Light”. I’m anxious to get that one but I think I’ll wait until I catch up on my 50 some books first. Or you never know – Liz might just get it and pass it along.

The book that I just read, “River’s Edge”, is the 3rd book in her “Cape Refuge Series”. I have already read the first two, “Cape Refuge” and “Southern Storm”. Terri is a Christian author that I’ve really enjoyed. Her books are easy to read and all of them have been full of suspense. By the way – you can read a book in the series without reading the preceding ones but I recommend reading them in order.

River’s Edge deals with the murder of the wife of one of the candidates in a mayoral race. There is a psychic involved who somehow knows where the body is. There are scripture verses that the author includes which deal with the topic of psychics and what is said about them in the Bible. Even though this is a fictional story I found this part very interesting. Basically the book is about solving the murder mystery. It deals with all kinds of human relationships. I highly recommend anything that Terri writes. I have never been disappointed with her books.

  posted at 11:23 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great review! Terri is a new author for me, as I haven't read her yet, but I really really want to. First, I won a book from Katrina at Callapidder Days during her give-aways recently. The one I won is the first book in the Restoration series, and it came in signed by Terri! Plus, even better, I found out she lives just 20 minutes from my home, which I thought was just WAY cool! I want to read both of these series (along with a gazillion other books, I'm afraid). I can't wait to get started, once I finish some other series I already have in progress.

Great review, and great recommendation. Thanks! :)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Stacy - that is so cool that you got the autographed book and that Terri lives so close to you. I'm sure you will love her books. Let me know what you think once you start reading them. I'll check your blog for reviews. Thanks for visiting me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • More Books!
  • Thanks To The Academy!
  • Book Review – “Kill Me” by Stephen White
  • A Week At The Lake
  • I got a ticket yesterday.
  • Getting Away
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out – By Joyce Sampson
  • I’ve won a book!
  • Forgiveness
  • Book Review - Same Kind Of Different As Me

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: