Thursday, June 28, 2007
Getting Away
We have plans to leave this Saturday to go to the lake house for a week. I’ve really been looking forward to it. I love to relax up there and enjoy watching the lake. There is so much activity between the ducks, blue herons, people jet skiing, boating, fishing, and water skiing. I could just sit for hours and take it all in. I love to take walks up there. It just seems so peaceful.

Todd’s Mom, our babysitter when I work, is off on a trip to Ireland so we decided that Todd would take the week off of work and we would head up to the lake. This way we wouldn’t have to find someone to watch Evan and we could spend some time together as a family. I will still go to work on Tuesday and Thursday with a much longer drive than usual. This will give Todd and Evan some father and son time on those days.

As we get closer to our time away we are finding that we might be spending less time at the lake than we thought. Monday we have plans to visit some friends in Indiana. One of my college roommates has a couple of kids and Evan loves playing with them. We will spend the day with them. My Dad called several days ago and asked us to come to spend time on Wednesday with him and Fran and Fran’s family. They are all coming up to their house and we have only met her two boys so we will be meeting everyone else. So we are now driving back home to spend the day with them on Wednesday. Todd recently found out that he has a meeting on Friday morning back home at Evan’s school.

Oh – and did I mention that they have a neighborhood garage sale up there on Saturday that we might get involved in. LOL!

I’m sure we will have a great time. Any time spent with my two best guys is always a great time.

  posted at 2:28 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 5:08 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time! Oh but I could use a week of R&R myself...

Happy belated birthday BTW. Todd ratted you out on his blog the other day. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out – By Joyce Sampson
  • I’ve won a book!
  • Forgiveness
  • Book Review - Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Happy Father’s Day!
  • Still walking...
  • Books, Books, and more Books
  • Cub Scout Day Camp
  • God's Hand
  • CSI

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: