Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Book Review – “Kill Me” by Stephen White

I was at work one day and saw my friend Liz reading this book during her break. The cover is very bright and it caught my eye. I asked her if it was good and she said it was and that I could read it when she was done.

I have to admit that it wasn’t a book I would normally pick out on my own. I have been reading mostly Christian fiction lately so this was different for me. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

This is a story about a man who likes to live life on the edge by doing a lot of high risk activities such as being dropped off out of a helicopter and skiing down treacherous mountains. He happens to mention to a friend on one of his trips that if he ever got to the point where he wasn’t really living he would rather be dead. His friend informs him of the “Death Angels” who are people that you hire in advance to end your life if it gets to a point where you are no longer really living. The person who hires them gives them a set of criteria to go by to know when it is appropriate to end their life. Once you sign the contract and pay your money to the “Death Angels” there is no way out. You cannot change your mind.

This book is full of suspense and will keep you entertained. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Oh – and by the way. I’ve been doing fairly well with reading my 50 some books that I have. However, we stopped at a garage sale last Saturday and I got 2 more books. Hey – they were only 25 cents a piece. I couldn’t pass up that bargain. And just think – once I read them I’ll review them so you can read them too if you like.

  posted at 10:03 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I have never read anything by this author either. I read a lot of Christian fiction (and a lot of "women's fiction"), so I might not have picked this book up either. Sounds pretty good and also sounds like one I might be able to get my husband to read one day. I'll have to look for this author at my library, thanks for the great review :)

Happy Reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • A Week At The Lake
  • I got a ticket yesterday.
  • Getting Away
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out – By Joyce Sampson
  • I’ve won a book!
  • Forgiveness
  • Book Review - Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Happy Father’s Day!
  • Still walking...
  • Books, Books, and more Books

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: