Monday, June 18, 2007
Book Review - Same Kind Of Different As Me

I mentioned last week that I have about 50 books that I've bought over the years and never read. I'm starting to work on that pile of books and the first one I read was "Same Kind Of Different As Me" by Ron Hall & Denver Moore. I have to say this is one of the best books I've ever read. I looked out on Amazon and every single one of the 62 reviews gave it a 5 star rating. I am not normally a really emotional person but this book chocked me up so much that my dog thought something was seriously wrong with me. I mainly was sniffling a lot and she kept getting in my face wondering what the problem was. Some of the reason it got to me so much was the fact that there was a part in the book that touched on an experience I've had myself. I don't want to elaborate on that because for those of you that know me it might tell too much about the book. All it seems that I can tell you without disclosing too much is what it says on the cover: "A modern-day slave, an international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who bound them together." This is a true story of faith and love and of lots of God moments. It is funny at times and one of those books you cannot put down. It is life changing! I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone no matter what type of books you like to read.

  posted at 1:07 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:44 PM, Blogger CeeCee said...

Hi, saw you over at Callipider Days. Great review, please keep it up so I will have another place to find good books. Yes, I'm addicted.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came over from the Bloggy Giveaway! Love your review, and now I'm going to enter your drawing.

I just wanted to say I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a lot of unread books laying around. I'm trying to get through some of mine this summer too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Happy Father’s Day!
  • Still walking...
  • Books, Books, and more Books
  • Cub Scout Day Camp
  • God's Hand
  • CSI
  • 100 Things About Me
  • My husband’s new best friend.
  • My e-Buddy
  • McSpecial Times

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: