Thursday, July 05, 2007
A Week At The Lake

Last Saturday we left for a week at Grand Lake. I have really enjoyed being there. We have spent some time away from the lake house and that has been fun too.

Sunday we went to Bear Creek Farms. We looked on the internet for things to do in the area and found out it was only 35 minutes away. If I had to sum up our experience there in one word it would be “smelly”. LOL! They were having some major sewage problems there and I had to hold my breath when going inside the building. Using the restroom was a really smelly experience but hey – when you got to go you got to go. We aren’t sure if it was just because it was a Sunday but it seemed like a ghost town there. Outside we had the smell of farm animals. Now I can handle that much better than the sewer smell for some reason. We did have fun there despite the odors. We walked around and had this really strange cat (we named him Tom) that followed us around for awhile. When he first came toward us I thought he was singing. There were some people singing and it sounded like it was coming from him. I really thought he was possessed. He acted like a dog by walking right beside us. It was pretty funny. We ended up eating there and playing miniature golf. (One of Evan’s favorite things to do.) After we left there we saw about 8 Amish carriages traveling home from church. It was really neat to see them. Some of them waived at us. It really made me think about how different our lives are from theirs.

Monday we went to see one of my college roommates and her kids in Indiana. Her son Dustin, who is 10, and Evan, who is 8 really have a blast together. They speak a special Pokemon language the whole time we are there. It is really interesting to hear them talk about all of the various Pokemon and the powers that they have. They are always in their own little world. Then there is her daughter Olivia who is 7 and always wants to be my best friend. Well this time she has a friend of hers over so I didn’t spend as much time with her but she is always drawing me pictures or making me some special bracelet or necklace out of beads. We went out for lunch and then headed over to the miniature golf course for 36 holes of fun. We went back to their house so the kids could play and we could visit. All in all a fun day.

Tuesday I drove 45 minutes (instead of my usual 20) to work while Todd and Evan had some father and son time. That evening we took a walk along the lake after much whining from Evan and also took a golf cart ride. We heard no whining on the golf cart ride by the way.

Wednesday we got up and had a major crisis. Our internet and cable TV were not working. I knew this would be a major thing for both Evan and Todd. Evan loves to play on the computer. He spends way too much time on it. His friend Dustin had showed him a website to create Pokemon on and he was wanting to get online and work on that. Todd is also on the computer a lot between blogging and doing stuff for work. We actually took 2 laptops up there with us and I took a picture of them with my new digital camera on Tuesday where they are both facing off on their laptops. Once I figure out how to get the pictures off of the camera I will share those. Abby and I took a long walk around the lake and ran into a man that lives in the area and ended up walking and talking with him for awhile. Well Abby didn’t talk but she did the walking part. It was so nice and peaceful to walk around the water and take in the beauty of it all. Anyway – we left after lunch and went to my dad and step-mom’s house back in our hometown. Fran’s son’s and their families were there. We had only met her sons before so it was nice to meet the rest of them. We played some games outside and had a nice time visiting with them. We came home, played ping pong, air hockey, and went for another golf cart ride. Then we had a wonderful time outside playing with sparklers and pop-its. Almost everywhere around the lake people were setting off fireworks. The people right next door were setting some off that were fun to watch. It was such a great time. Evan really enjoyed it and we did too.

It is Thursday now and I’m back at work. I miss Todd and Evan. It seems strange to be here and have them at the lake. I’m hoping they are sharing some special time together today. I’m sure the top thing on the list is getting a new cable modem. LOL! The TV is now working but we think the cable modem needs replaced. I’m looking forward to going back after work, eating pizza, and hanging out with my 2 special guys. I’m also looking forward to the rest of our days at the lake. It’s our home away from home where we can relax and enjoy being with one another.

  posted at 10:17 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 2:42 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Sounds really wonderful (except for that no TV/no cable modem thing!)

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger PDub said...

Sounds like a wonderful time away with your family.

My son also speaks Pokemon - a foreign language to me! He and his friends love it.

Have a great weekend back with your boys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • I got a ticket yesterday.
  • Getting Away
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out – By Joyce Sampson
  • I’ve won a book!
  • Forgiveness
  • Book Review - Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Happy Father’s Day!
  • Still walking...
  • Books, Books, and more Books
  • Cub Scout Day Camp

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: