Sunday, June 17, 2007
Happy Father’s Day!
I just wanted to wish a Happy Father’s Day to all of the fathers out there. I know I am very blessed to have a wonderful father. My Dad has always been a very quiet, patient, live by example person that has had a huge positive influence on my life. His main passion is golf although he likes to do a lot of things. He loves to sing and has sang in the church choirs both in Florida and Ohio, at our wedding and other people’s also, and likes to sing in the variety shows that are put on in his retirement community. He keeps busy socially and seems much younger than his 75 years. After my Mom’s death in 2004, he got remarried in March of this year to a wonderful lady named Fran who I’ve really enjoyed getting to know. She has really been a blessing to our family – Dad has been so happy since he met her and they have so much in common. I’ve very thankful that they have each other.

Another father I’m proud of is my husband, Todd. Evan is one lucky little boy to have him as his father. He is a great role model for Evan. He is an honest, loving, Christ-filled person who is so giving of himself. He not only models what a great father is but he models what a great husband is as well. I’m glad that Evan sees a healthy relationship between his Mom and Dad so that when it comes time for him to get married he will know what role he needs to play and it will be a natural thing for him.

I know there are a lot of great fathers in this world. And so to all of you “Happy Father’s Day!”.

  posted at 8:05 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 10:14 PM, Blogger PDub said...

I love your tribute to your father and your husband.

I loved that your father sang at your wedding. And how wonderful that he has found companionship after your mother passed - and that you enjoy her too.

I'm glad you liked the Oreo Cookie Ice Cream dessert!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Todd M said...

Thank you, sweetie, though you said many more kind words than I am deserving of. Thank YOU for being the wonderful life mate that you are! You and Evan are both huge blessings for me that I daily thank God for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Still walking...
  • Books, Books, and more Books
  • Cub Scout Day Camp
  • God's Hand
  • CSI
  • 100 Things About Me
  • My husband’s new best friend.
  • My e-Buddy
  • McSpecial Times
  • What have I gotten myself into?

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: