Thursday, June 14, 2007
Books, Books, and more Books

I have this addiction to books. I tend to buy them and collect them but don’t often get them read. I love to go to bookstores or look on Amazon and see what is rated good. I’ve also noticed people recommending books on their blogs so that gets me interested too. We have free 2-day shipping on Amazon since we paid upfront for the year. It just makes it too easy to click the button and then the cute guys with the brown shirt, shorts, and socks bring them right to my door.

I’ve decided to take action on this addiction. I am now just keeping a list of books when I see ones that interest me.

I also have the problem of having magazines to read. I get People (weekly), Guideposts, Positive Thinking, and Today’s Christian Woman. I can never just skim through a magazine. I have to read every page. So as you can see this can cause me to get behind on my book reading. I was, about a month ago, 6 weeks behind on my People magazines.

So – here’s the plan. I’m trying to get caught up with my magazines before starting a new book and I’ve done pretty well over the last few weeks. I also took some time yesterday to “inventory” the books I have at home. I have around 50 books that I have never read. Yes – all of the librarians are weeping at this point. I think I’m also going to quit getting People magazine when my subscription is up in February. I can always pick up one every once in awhile from the grocery or even read them while getting my hair done, and also save some money for … books.

I’m going to start by reading “The Same Kind of Different As Me”. This was highly recommended on a blog that I read. I think I’ll start reviewing the books I read so other people with book addictions like me will go crazy when I give a book a 5 star rating.

  posted at 3:39 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:05 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Wow...I thought I was bad - I have about a dozen unread books that I'm trying to make my way through. Maybe we need to start up a round robin bookclub???

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Lisa M said...

heyjules ~ that sounds like a good idea. I forgot to mention that I've accumulated these books for over 15 years. I have them stuffed everywhere. LOL!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger PDub said...

I have the same problem - I buy too many magazines and only skim them, and I also have a collection of "never read" books on my shelf. I have started regularly reading (books) this past spring, and hope to keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Cub Scout Day Camp
  • God's Hand
  • CSI
  • 100 Things About Me
  • My husband’s new best friend.
  • My e-Buddy
  • McSpecial Times
  • What have I gotten myself into?
  • Our Ethiopian Friend
  • Time Well Spent

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: