Tuesday, May 29, 2007
My husband’s new best friend.

I keep checking Todd’s blog to see if he has written about his new best friend but haven’t seen anything yet so I thought I’d go ahead and tell you about him. Well – we aren’t sure if it is a him or her or many hims or hers.

Todd has never seen his new best friend but has seen what he can do. Last year about this time we went up to the lake and took the pontoon boat out for a very nice ride. The next time we went up there is when Todd discovered his new best friend(s). He went to take the cover off of the boat and found lots of stuffing all over the place. Yes – Ricky the raccoon had gotten under the cover and shredded all of the seats on the boat and did his business all over the carpet and everywhere else you can imagine. All new seats and carpet had to be ordered and we ended up not having a boat all summer.

Well guess who we ran into again? Yes – Ricky. This year, however, we never even took one ride on the boat. He got in there again and thankfully didn’t shred the seats but scratched some of them with his claws and did tear up the captain’s chair a bit. This year’s prank was pooping all over everything. Yes – he is very regular and can pretty much go like a large dog does if you get my drift here.

We had family up on Sunday so even though Todd discovered the mess on Sunday he pretty much stayed away from it until yesterday. It took him most of the day to get the boat cleaned up. I did very hesitantly offer to help but I think he knew it would be very hard for me to do. For some reason the older I get the more things like that bother me.

The next thing to do was to find a way to cover up the hole where the boat cover doesn’t cover the boat. Back where the ladder is there is a space where the raccoon was getting in. We tried to think of all kind of things to put there from a Velcro cover to wire, etc. We even talked about trapping Ricky and putting him in the raccoon relocation program. We finally decided to put boat bumpers in there. We decided we needed new ones anyway because Ricky had did his business on them too and the ropes attached to them were a mess also. So – we picked up some new ones thinking that if they didn’t work to block off the hole we could still use them on the boat for docking. We also put a sign next to the boat saying “We have moved next door – please visit our boat there. Thanks!”

  posted at 10:34 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 4:33 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Why, Lisa, I can't imagine why he isn't blogging about this! Poor guy...that would really irk me to find that kind of destruction going on.

Loved the line about the raccoon relocation program, though! That made me giggle!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Todd M said...

Raccoons look so innocent in pictures. Wasn't there a Disney movie with a raccoon sitting in a boat acting like he was driving it? So cute and precious ...

in stark contrast to the picture of me holding nightly patrol around the boat, a pitchfork in one hand, a heavy shovel in the other, and a bloodthirsty glint in my eye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • My e-Buddy
  • McSpecial Times
  • What have I gotten myself into?
  • Our Ethiopian Friend
  • Time Well Spent
  • Purse-onality
  • Women of Faith
  • Picture This!
  • Who's Knocking At Your Door?
  • Five (5) lessons to make you think about the way w...

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: