Friday, June 01, 2007
100 Things About Me
1) I have an amazing husband.
2) My son Evan means more to me than he will ever know.
3) My dog Abby is one of my best friends.
4) I miss my Mom and would give anything for one more day with her.
5) I could eat chocolate any time of the day.
6) I work part-time as a Systems Analyst.
7) I have OCD when it comes to checking my curling brush to make sure I’ve unplugged it.
8) I love to read.
9) I play the piano although I never practice anymore.
10) I don’t like messy things.
11) I love to go out to eat.
12) I had a pituitary tumor removed from the base of my brain when I was 17.
13) It took us 10 years to have Evan.
14) I was shocked when I found out we were pregnant.
15) I like to take walks.
16) Time with my family is very important to me.
17) I’m a very detailed person.
18) My favorite restaurants are Olive Garden, Panera, and Bravo.
19) I help with kids a lot even though I don’t consider myself a kid person.
20) I like to play video games.
21) I used to be a tomboy growing up and loved all kinds of sports.
22) I am easily entertained.
23) I am quiet until you get to know me.
24) I have a great sense of humor except when the joke is about me. LOL!
25) I worked at Burger King once for 2 weeks.
26) I have a BA in Computer Science from Ohio Northern University.
27) I love to sing.
28) I ate a plastic grape once when I was a kid. Never saw it again.
29) I like to watch reality TV shows such as Survivor, The Amazing Race and American Idol.
30) I’m also a Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Lost fan.
31) I love going to the beach.
32) I loved going on vacations with my family when I was a kid.
33) I help teach reading and math enrichment classes at Evan’s school.
34) I love to read blogs.
35) I love to play board games although when Evan was going through his 24 hr a day Monopoly phase I wouldn’t have said that.
36) I love to hang out with friends.
37) I have 3 friends that I worked with at my last job (over 10 yrs ago) and we still hang out together.
38) We like to play practical jokes on each other.
39) We have a great time together no matter what we are doing.
40) Any time spent with Todd is wonderful!
41) I hate pineapple and that is why my in-laws got us pineapple lamps after we got married. LOL!
42) I cannot see myself ever being without a dog. They are just too much fun to be around.
43) I’ve always wanted to have a job where I worked with dogs.
44) My dog Abby (4 lb Poodle) turns into a Pit Bull when she sees other animals.
45) I cannot remember a whole lot of details from my childhood even though I had a great one.
46) My Mom and Dad were an inspiration to me.
47) I cannot think of a time when I was embarrassed by my parents. (There goes the memory thing.)
48) I admire people who can draw. I’m not one of them.
49) I believe that your attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
50) I don’t like spiders and snakes.
51) I can remember song lyrics fairly well but nothing else.
52) I played the clarinet for a year or so but had to stop when I got braces. (YES!)
53) I rock at Guitar Hero. LOL!
54) I used to do lots of needlepoint and cross stitch but haven’t had the time to do it in years.
55) I cannot sew. I made a shirt once when I was a kid and cut a hole in it when trimming a thread.
56) I loved Math in school. I even took 4 quarters of Calculus in college.
57) I am addicted to email and have to check it several times a day.
58) I even get my email on my cell phone.
59) I’m not in a 12 step program for this addiction.
60) I love hand dipped ice cream. Chocolate peanut butter is my favorite.
61) I witnessed a childhood friend get hit by a car. I can still see the image today. They were okay.
62) I was in a 7 car pileup near Cincinnati on the interstate when I was a kid. The car was totaled but nobody was hurt.
63) I am a good driver. (I’m sure I’ll go out and have an accident now.)
64) Bad drivers are my pet peeve.
65) I like to read People, Guideposts, Positive Thinking, and Today’s Christian Women magazines.
66) I love to go to Women of Faith conferences.
67) I love going to church.
68) I hate public speaking.
69) I don’t have a lot of patience.
70) Growing up we had 3 exchange students from South America.
71) Our family went to South America when I was a freshman in High School to visit one of our exchange students.
72) I used to be able to speak Spanish muy bueno.
73) I’ve had to let a few friends go in my life. I found out they weren’t good for me. That was hard.
74) I don’t like to travel alone.
75) I don’t like to eat alone.
76) I like the familiar.
77) Todd makes me feel safe.
78) I believe in God with all my heart.
79) I am not perfect.
80) Life challenges me every day.
81) I like to meet God in those challenges.
82) I cannot do a somersault anymore without breaking my neck.
83) I love having Evan’s friends over.
84) I love seeing Evan happy.
85) When I was at my prior job I quit, worked for another company for a week, and came back.
86) I like to swim but not the part where I have to wear a bathing suit.
87) I like to play tennis but don’t know of anyone else who does.
88) I’m afraid of dying from cancer in my 60’s like my Mom and Grandma.
89) I have a brother and sister who are twins. They are 5 years older than me.
90) They were always old enough to know better. LOL!
91) I’m a perfectionist although I’m not perfect. This can be frustrating.
92) I don’t like coffee.
93) I am starting to get into hot or iced cappuccino though.
94) We host a small group from church in our house twice a month.
95) I work with computers but I don’t know how to fix your PC. I just program them.
96) I’m starting to get into Sudoku. I dream about the numbers 1-9 now.
97) I love to watch people.
98) I hate to shop.
99) I am always in a better mood when the sun is shining.
100) I love life!

  posted at 10:19 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Brandi said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love tennis, I signed up to take 6 months of lessons and sprained my ankle and wrist before the second lesson. You just found a partner to play tennis with as long as you know the shortest route to the ER!!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Okay - I'll play tennis with you but remember you are 20 yrs younger than me and I'm the one that will need the ER! LOL!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger PDub said...

Glad you stopped by my blog again. I am bookmarking you now and will be visiting again! Your 100 things are very similar mine which will be coming up probably in the next month.

Let's talk more soon about being mothers of only children.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Oops - I just found out that you do the "100 Things About Me" after your 100th post. I'm only in the 30's at this point and did not realize the significance of the 100th post until now. Guess I'll leave it up. Hopefully the blog police won't get me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • My husband’s new best friend.
  • My e-Buddy
  • McSpecial Times
  • What have I gotten myself into?
  • Our Ethiopian Friend
  • Time Well Spent
  • Purse-onality
  • Women of Faith
  • Picture This!
  • Who's Knocking At Your Door?

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: