Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Time Well Spent
Last Friday was a very nice day. Todd decided to take the day off so he and I could spend some time together while we had free babysitting from school. We decided to go to The Greene which is a shopping village. It's like a little town of its own with shops, restaurants, and a theater. A lot of the stores have expensive items in them but it is fun to just look and walk around.

We ended up eating lunch at BD’s Mongolian Grill. I had heard about these restaurants before but had never been to one. Let me say – I want to go back now! It was so good. It is a very unique place where you basically create your own stir-fry. You get a bowl and then fill it up with what meat you want (chicken, steak, lamb, sausage, shrimp, calamari, etc) and then add vegetables to it (mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, been sprouts, snap peas, carrots, corn, etc). They also have some pasta you can add. You are supposed to fill your bowl up as high as you can. My bowl was a little on the wimpy side so next time I will definitely add more. You then pick out the sauce you want them to stir-fry it with and add any spices you want. They have lots of sauces and spices to choose from. You take your bowl and sauce up to the area around the grill and the cooks then cook your stir-fry on a 7 foot round grill along with everyone else’s. I have to admit I was a bit embarrassed to see my wimpy amount of stir-fry up there compared with everyone else’s. Size does matter you know. I felt very inadequate. LOL! They then serve rice and tortillas at your table. It was very good and I ate it all. I just wish there was one a bit closer. It seemed like healthy food and the price wasn’t all that bad.

After lunch we continued to walk around, spent time in the bookstore, and then had to pass The Cheesecake Factory on the way out. Todd had never been in The Cheesecake Factory before and so I just wanted to show him the unique building but once inside we just had to get some. I had been there once before. I recommended the “Craig’s Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake”. If you like carrot cake you would love this one. I’m even a big chocolate fan and would pick this out first over chocolate. We sat down and enjoyed our cheesecake, which cost almost as much as lunch by the way. It was nice just to sit and visit. We decided to get Evan a piece of Oreo cheesecake to go.

When we got home we took Abby for a quick walk before having to pick Evan up from school. I always enjoy any time spent with Todd. It was such a nice day and it meant a lot to me that he took the day off even though he had tons to do at work.

Maybe we could do this every Friday. (When we are retired)

  posted at 11:09 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 12:02 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day! I've eaten at that restaurant and you're right - it is GOOD!

As for the carrot cake cheesecake - I'm with ya, sistah. Mmm, Mmm, good!

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! The Mongolian Grill is definitely a tasty treat! Sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful outing!
Ed and I just got back from the gym! Not very romantic, but necessary! LOL!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I feel like I've made a new friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Purse-onality
  • Women of Faith
  • Picture This!
  • Who's Knocking At Your Door?
  • Five (5) lessons to make you think about the way w...
  • I’ve got a step-mom!
  • Weekend To Remember – Part 2
  • Weekend To Remember
  • Am I Who I Say I Am?
  • My treadmill no longer treads!

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: