Thursday, July 26, 2007
Oscar the Cat
A coworker of mine told me about this news story on abcnews.com.

There is a cat named Oscar that knows when nursing home patients are going to die. He will curl up next to them during their final hours. Excuse the pun but he has been “dead on” with predicting when these patients will die. So far he has done this with 25 patients. Since he has this ability it has led the nursing home staff to contact the patient’s families so that they have a little time with them before they pass on.

I am amazed at what animals can do. They are truly amazing. I’m afraid though that dear old Oscar probably doesn’t have too many friends at the nursing home. That’s one cat that I would not want snuggling up to me.

  posted at 11:09 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 7:28 PM, Blogger PDub said...

How strange would that be if he came up to you and snuggled up? That is so weird - but I've heard of these kinds of things happening to animals. They are so intuitive.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I read this story and it is truly amazing. I do believe this is probably true because animals ARE very intuitive. I just wonder exacctly what it is about someone dying that they detect? A certain smell? The way a person acts? I don't or just raw instinct? Very interesting though.

I'm here just reading about the winners from the Dog Days of Summer....thought I'd say hello:)

I'm from Texas

Have a great day.

Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Book Review – Kaleidoscope Eyes by Karen Ball
  • Dog Days Of Summer Bloggy Giveaway
  • Facing The Giants
  • Fasten your bike helmet – It’s storming!
  • Why Do You Love Jesus?
  • I planted a bad seed.
  • Prayer Requests
  • Book Review – River’s Edge by Terri Blackstock
  • More Books!
  • Thanks To The Academy!

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: