Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Purse-onality
At the Women of Faith conference Anita Renfroe, who is a Christian comedian, talked about your Purse-onality. Basically she was saying that you can tell a lot about a woman by what she carries on her shoulder. Just like the saying “You are what you eat” she stated that “You are what you carry”.

There were basically 5 different Purse-onalities that she talked about.

The first is the “Tiny Toter”.
This purse is approximately the size of a large cell phone. A person that carries this has a very controlled life. They have 1 credit card, 1 lipstick sample (because a full size lipstick would never fit), and 1 neatly folded antibacterial wipe. If you ever find yourself in jail they are the friend you want to call to bail you out.

The second is the “Mo is Mo Better”.
This purse is very large. They could survive 2 ½ weeks in the artic tundra with this purse. It holds over 1000 markers, ½ of the snack aisle at 7/11, a working pharmacy, and juice boxes for the kids. If you ever find yourself in jail they are the one that has the 7-in-1 McIver tool to get you out.

Thirdly there is the “Serial Monogamist”.
They have a very plain purse that they have had for 12 years. It is no longer functional. They are very loyal. If you ever find yourself in jail they would be the friend that would hold a candlelight vigil outside the jail.

The fourth one is the “I Love Bling”.
The people that carry these are fun people that are never on time. They change purses like people change underwear and can never find anything. This is the friend that would be responsible for you ending up in jail. They will sit in your cell with you and say “Honey – wasn’t that the best fun we ever had?”.

Lastly there are the ones that don’t carry a purse. Most likely their car is their purse. They tell their children to run to the car to get whatever it is they are asking for. They are so unorganized that they would probably forget that you were in jail to begin with.

The funny thing about Anita talking about your Purse-onality is the fact that we happened to go to a mall before the conference and guess what I got? Yep – a purse. And guess what type of Purse-onality I have? Well my friends would jump on this right away and tell you. I’m a Serial Monogamist. Yep – I admit it. The purse I was carrying was plain and probably over 12 years old. I believe Todd bought it for me. Yeah – how many women would like the purse their husband picked out? Well I did. He knows what I like so I hung on to that purse as long as I could. You see – JC Penney had a buy one get one for $.88 sale. So my friend H who loves purses, although I truly cannot pinpoint her Purse-onality, was so excited to see this sale and the excitement was contagious. I found a purse I really liked. It had huge outside pockets to hold my Tiny Toter sized Blackberry and everything else a girl could wish for. LOL! H and I got purses together which was fun.

I have to admit that when I switched over to my new purse it was kind of hard for me. I decided to keep it in the closet just in case I needed it. I love my new purse. Now I wish I had bought 2 so that 12 years from now I’d already have a new one.

  posted at 1:32 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! This post cracked me up! Yep, I'm the large totebag purse. In fact, in one of my last posts, you can see the monstrous thing I carry. Very cute.

Thank you for giving me your feedback regarding my "leaf". I appreciate it. Please pray that he handles his changed role well.

:-) Susan

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Todd M said...

Glad that I am your twelve-year-old purse and you're a twelve-year-old purse gal, sweetie!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hi, thanks for coming by my place and leaving a comment. It's nice to "meet" you.

This was a fun read. I went to my first Women of Faith last year and there is another in my area in August. It was wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Women of Faith
  • Picture This!
  • Who's Knocking At Your Door?
  • Five (5) lessons to make you think about the way w...
  • I’ve got a step-mom!
  • Weekend To Remember – Part 2
  • Weekend To Remember
  • Am I Who I Say I Am?
  • My treadmill no longer treads!
  • He’s getting married!

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: