Monday, December 24, 2007
Evan's First Piano Performance
Last night was the kid's Christmas musical at our church. Before the service several kids got up and either played the piano or sang. We have some wonderful talent in our church and all of the kids did a great job.

Evan has been taking piano lessons for about 15 months and this was his first time to play in public. To be honest, we had been a little concerned that he would end up getting cold feet. When his teacher told him that he would be playing that evening he came home and told us that he wasn't going to do it.

Now I can totally relate to him not wanting to do it. I used to play the piano in public quite frequently. I used to accompany the chorus in school and also play along with the orchestra. I played for the youth choir at church, the preschool Sunday School class, and along with my Dad when he sang solos at church. I also played solos once in awhile. Now when you are playing along with a big group it is not really all that bad because you don't stand out too much, but playing alone can be quite frightening. I used to get nervous and no matter how well I played at home I seemed to get so worked up about it that I wouldn't do as well in public.

Evan, however, didn't seem overly nervous and he did a great job. I know he is my son and all and I have a biased opinion, but he truly has a gift for music. He has great rhythm and picked up reading music very quickly. Even his teacher says so. I was just so proud of him for doing his best and trying something that he was afraid of. Way to go Evan!

  posted at 8:18 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • New book
  • Beverly Hillbillies At Work
  • You Know You're Church Is A Redneck Church...
  • My Hubby Got An Award
  • Book Review – Beyond Tuesday Morning by Karen King...
  • Transition
  • Spam
  • Fall Into Reading Challenge
  • Kid Nation
  • Book Review – One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: