Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Book Review – One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury

I have never read a Karen Kingsbury book before so I thought I’d try one and see if I would be interested in them. I have heard so many good things about her books so I was pretty excited to see what they were like.

Well today is September 11th and “One Tuesday Morning” is a story about what happened on September 11th, 2001. This is not a true story but a story about what could have happened. Karen interviewed a lot of people before writing this book and I felt like it was a true story as I was reading it.

It was an outstanding book but also a very hard book to read. It brought back memories of that horrible day. I think it would be a tough book to read for someone who lost a loved one in the tragedy.

This is a story of a NYC firefighter and a businessman that was on the 64th floor of the south tower. You will be led inside each of these men’s lives and get to know them very well. Then you will see how their paths cross and how one of them survives and his life is totally changed by the other man. It is a great book. It was one I couldn’t put down.

If you read this book make sure you read every morsel. There is a lot to be gained by doing so. Make sure you read the Dedication, Note To The Reader, and the Author’s Notes at the end.

I read a story about Karen Kingsbury awhile back. I believe it was in Guideposts magazine a couple of months ago. She and her husband have 3 children of their own . Karen went to Haiti by herself to adopt a boy there and ended up bringing home 3 boys because they were so close to each other and she didn’t feel right splitting them up. She seems like a pretty special person and is a great writer. This book is part of a two book series. The next and final book is “Beyond Tuesday Morning”. I’ll be reading this next.

  posted at 3:11 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa -
I am a big Karen Kingsbury fan - I just love her books. I've read both of the books you mention here and have recommended her work to many others! Read everything she writes! You won't be disappointed.

Denise

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great review! I'm also a Kingsbury fan and have read a lot of her other books. I always recommend the Redemption series to people as a good place to start with her books. It's a series of 5 books about the Baxter family in Indiana. She has 2 subsequent series (Firstborn and the current Sunrise or similiarly titled but not completed) that also spin off of the same characters. I really enjoyed the Redemption ones, as well as most of her other books I have read :)

Happy Reading!!!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shes one of my favorites and I love all of her books!


Im also having a comment contest that just started with some cool prizes. Im just a normal blogger who was blessed and love sharing blessings

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just starting to read her books. I really liked the first one I read though, Between Sundays. I'm not sure what to read next. I didn't have high expectations for her books but then when I read Between Sundays, I couldn't put it down and read it in two days. I usually read multiple books at a time but I had to finish her book before picking up another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Funny things kids say
  • A Trip To The ER
  • The Bug Collection
  • Psychiatric Hotline Voice Mail
  • Book Review – Marley & Me by John Grogan
  • Yes - I'm still around.
  • Book Review - Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson
  • Happy Birthday Evan!
  • You've Got To Read This
  • People Food

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: