Saturday, September 29, 2007
Fall Into Reading Challenge

I've been debating whether or not to do this and I've decided to take the plunge. Katrina over at Callapidder Days is hosting a Fall Reading Challenge. I saw her Spring Reading Challenge after it was over and was so excited to join in on the Fall one. The only problem is that this is such a busy time of year for me and so I didn't know if I'd have the time to read. Right now I'm leading a Jennifer Rothschild Bible Study at church. We are into our 2nd week out of 7 weeks and this is taking a lot of my time just doing the homework and preparing for each week's lesson. By the way - this is a great study.

So I decided to go ahead and get involved in the challenge. I'm only listing a few books because I need to be realistic. I don't think I'll even pick up a book for a few more weeks because of the Bible Study and several other things going on. My list is below. I will review each book as I read it. If you'd like to join the challenge click here. Even if you are not interested in joining it is still interesting to see what books are being read and read the other reviews.

1) Walking By Faith Bible Study by Jennifer Rothschild
2) Beyond Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury
3) Look Me In The Eye: My Life With Asperger's by John Elder Robinson
4) 90 Minutes In Heaven by Don Piper & Cecil Murphey
5) Breaker's Reef by Terri Blackstock
6) The Preacher's Daughter by Beverly Lewis
7) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
8) A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith

  posted at 11:08 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I think eight books is still a pretty decent load to get through in 3 months...especially with the other things you have going on! Looks like you have a good list -- lots of variety. Thanks for joining Fall into Reading!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger PDub said...

Lisa,
Your list looks really good.

Thanks for being concerned - you're so sweet. Nothing but just plain busyness keeping me away. But hope to be back blogging more soon.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn in 10th grade and loved it. Maybe I need to reread it! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

Great list!
I have read the last two and don't think you will be disappointed in them at all!
BTW: thanks for visiting my blog ... I know you left me a note a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to them! LOL! =)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Nise' said...

You have some great authors on your list. I have seen The Kite Runner on many lists, I may have to add that one to my TBR list! Happy Reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Kid Nation
  • Book Review – One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury
  • Funny things kids say
  • A Trip To The ER
  • The Bug Collection
  • Psychiatric Hotline Voice Mail
  • Book Review – Marley & Me by John Grogan
  • Yes - I'm still around.
  • Book Review - Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson
  • Happy Birthday Evan!

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: