Thursday, September 06, 2007
A Trip To The ER
Evan has been wanting to get in the pool lately. It's been kind of a busy week with Todd being out on a business trip to Seattle. I had a Women's Ministry meeting Tuesday night and Evan had Cool Kids at church on Wednesday night. So we thought that tonight would be a great time to get in the pool. We had no plans and were looking forward to it. Well the fun part only lasted about 10 minutes.

Evan all of a sudden said he had to use the bathroom. I told him to dry off before going in but he insisted that he really had to go so he ran in and was still really wet. I just stayed in the pool waiting for him to return when all of a sudden he screams that he fell in the house and his foot is bleeding really bad. I got out of the pool and met him at the door and blood was dripping steadily from his foot. He said he started to slip because he was running and did the splits and his foot hit the doorframe to the bathroom. It cause a big split in between his 2nd and 3rd toes. It was pretty bad. I had the phone right outside the door because I keep it there when we are swimming so I called my mother-in-law who lives 2 houses down to come and help me. Both Evan and myself were dripping wet in our bathing suits and blood was everywhere. Abby got really upset. I'm sure she knew that something bad had happened.

We took him to the ER and spent over 2 hrs there and ended up getting Xrays and stitches in between his toes. He had never had stitches and was pretty scared about getting them. He did great though and handled it very well.

We had to stop at the drug store to get bandages, pain reliever, and antibiotic ointment on the way home. He got to bed around 11:15.

He will be off school tomorrow but should be fine. He was so relieved to have it over and is now anticipating having the stitches out in a week.

I'm just glad that everything went well and that my mother-in-law was there to help me get him to the hospital.

Of course when I told Todd what happened he felt bad he was away. I tried to reassure him that Evan was fine and that he handled it very well. This is a kid that totally freaks out going to the dentist. I thought he did great and I told him how proud I was of him.

  posted at 11:28 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:34 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

This is so funny because my friend and I were just talking about how our fathers were NEVER home when one of us had to go to the hospital. Even though both traveled occasionally, all the bad stuff ALWAYS happened when they were gone.

Be thankful that your MIL was down the street and tell Todd not to sweat it - apparently God wants the men out of the picture for a reason. LOL

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Todd M said...

I would have been crying like a baby.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Brandie said...

Oh no! Poor Evan! Hope he's felling better by now and it's all healing up nicely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • The Bug Collection
  • Psychiatric Hotline Voice Mail
  • Book Review – Marley & Me by John Grogan
  • Yes - I'm still around.
  • Book Review - Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson
  • Happy Birthday Evan!
  • You've Got To Read This
  • People Food
  • A Mother's Prayer
  • Book Review – Whistling In The Dark by Lesley Kagen

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: