Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Book Review – Marley & Me by John Grogan

Marley & Me is a book we got my mother-in-law a couple of years ago. After reading it she gave it to me to borrow and it ended up on the shelf ever since. I am working on catching up on all of the books I have sitting around and thought I’d pick this one up.

Being the dog lover that I am, I knew this book would be a good one. Marley is a yellow lab that the author claims is the worst dog ever. Marley isn’t a mean dog, he is just rambunctious and anxious, and big. Whenever you have that combination in a dog you kind of know what might happen.

This was a great book. They even have a children’s version of it that my mother-in-law read with Evan.

I have to admit that I didn’t want to read the end of the book because I knew it would mean saying goodbye to Marley. Our dog Abby is almost 11 and I find myself thinking about how much time she has left with us. You just never know. Our other dog, Chelsea died at the age of 11. Abby, however, has been much healthier and still has lots of spunk (when she’s not sleeping). She will bravely take on any sized dog even though she is a mere 4 lbs.

Anyway – back to Marley. This was a book that was very easy to read and had lots of laughs in it. I kept thinking to myself – why did they keep this dog after all it did? But after reading Marley’s story I can see so much good in him. Dogs have a way of getting inside our hearts you know.

  posted at 3:01 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh, I loved Marley & Me! I just finished it a few weeks ago, and I hate that I waited so long to read it. I have no idea why! I love dogs and I had heard really good things about it. You're right, for a non-fiction book, it was so easy to read, and had such a good story to tell. I cried and cried at the end, like any dog lover would.

Great review!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I've not read the book but kow several who have and every one of them loves it. We have a "share a book" bookshelf at my office and it's on the shelf to borrow. I have such a huge pile of books to read, but I definitely will add it to my list. Did you see the movie is coming out soon?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Jill ~ I heard they were coming out with a movie. That would be neat to see. I think the "share a book" is a great thing. I wish we had that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Yes - I'm still around.
  • Book Review - Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson
  • Happy Birthday Evan!
  • You've Got To Read This
  • People Food
  • A Mother's Prayer
  • Book Review – Whistling In The Dark by Lesley Kagen
  • If You Love Puppies...
  • Proverbs - 31 Chapters, 31 Days
  • What would your character look like?

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: