Thursday, August 23, 2007
Yes - I'm still around.
I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything out here and thought I’d better write something or you would think I’ve fallen off the face of the earth.

Last week we spent a week at the lake. We spent a day at the Ft. Wayne Zoo which was wonderful. It was only a little over an hour from the lake house and it was the 2nd time we had gone there. If you ever get a chance to go I highly recommend it. I’ve been to bigger zoos but this one has so much to offer. It is fairly reasonable to get in. Only $8 for adults and $5 for kids. They do have some things inside the zoo such as a train ride and a water ride that cost extra if you want to do them. I like the idea of only paying for what I’m participating in. Anyway – I saw my special monkey there and was pretty excited about that. Please don’t ask me what type of monkey it was because we saw tons of them there and let me just say it was cute. It was born on June 26, 2006 which happens to be my birthday. Well, I’m a few years older but let’s just leave it at that. We had been there last year right after it was born and it was clinging to it’s mother while she maneuvered around the monkey area and it was so cool to watch. This year my little monkey friend was out on its own with its mother nearby. I remember last year Evan and Todd had to peel (no pun intended) me away from the monkey area because I just loved watching the baby monkey with its mother. We had a great time there and then stopped at a pet store afterwards to see some cute puppies and pick up some supplies for our little furry girl at home.

One of the other days we went school shopping. That is always a blast ----- NOT. I say this because Evan is extremely picky about what he wears and he is also very hard to fit. Because he is big for his age we usually have to get very large sized pants and then cut off about 8 inches off of the length. And guess what? I don’t sew. Since he goes to a Christian school he has to dress up and wear dress slacks, and a shirt and tie on Wednesdays for chapel. There are no clip on ties that fit him anymore unless we want them to just go down to the middle of his chest. Hopefully I can learn how to tie a necktie before next Wednesday, and hopefully it will stay on all day.

We also had Evan’s birthday party last Saturday which was 4 days after his birthday. We had family and friends there and had a good time. We have a party every year. Evan loves having the kids of our friends there. He was counting down to his party the whole week we were there. I did miss having my sister there this year. She is in Mexico on business and couldn’t make it.

Now we are back to reality. I have to admit in some ways I’m not looking forward to things starting up again. Once school starts it seems like life gets so hectic because all of the other church activities, meetings, Cub Scouts, etc start up.

I know that Evan is not really looking forward to going back to school but I think he is ready in a lot of ways. He is so bored that I’ve become his best friend – playing with him a lot. Our house really needs some serious organization done on it. Hopefully when my friend goes back to school next Wednesday I’ll be able to be an adult and get some work done around the house.

  posted at 4:08 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 10:54 PM, Blogger PDub said...

Once Perry got back to school this week, he was really glad to be back. Hopefully that is how Evan will feel once he is there.

And I have enjoyed a little bit of "me time" this afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Book Review - Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson
  • Happy Birthday Evan!
  • You've Got To Read This
  • People Food
  • A Mother's Prayer
  • Book Review – Whistling In The Dark by Lesley Kagen
  • If You Love Puppies...
  • Proverbs - 31 Chapters, 31 Days
  • What would your character look like?
  • And the winner is...

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: