Tuesday, July 31, 2007
What would your character look like?
Last night Evan was playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 on the PS2. I walked by the TV and he was setting up his character. He told me you could set up your character to look just like you and he was creating his. I stopped and stared at the blonde man on the screen and said “uh – you have brown hair”. He told me he wasn’t done yet and continued to work on it.

He then came out and asked if I wanted to play and I told him I had fun things to do like cleaning up the kitchen, ironing, etc. Todd eventually sat down with him and started working on his character. I walked through again and had to laugh at the image on the screen. There was a semi bald man (Hair only on the bottom part of his head). Evan told him he had to put 100% on the midsection. This guy turned from a muscular guy into a middle aged man with a big gut. It was kind of funny to watch and I chuckled as I saw his character come to life. Of course Evan had lots of advice as to how his character should look.

After I finished the fun things I was doing I sat down with Evan because I knew Todd had tons of stuff to do to get ready for a business trip he was going on. Of course I had to create my character. Things that I thought were funny earlier started to not be so funny. I started getting the advice of my 8 yr old son as to what to do about my nose, mouth, hair, etc. As a matter of fact there was no hair style that matched mine because mine is so outdated. That was a sad thing to see and be reminded of. But hey – if you had my straight thick hair you would not know what to do with it either. Then he told me to make sure I increased my midsection too. My perception of myself was way different than what Evan’s was of me. I don’t think I have a big midsection. I’m not skinny but I don’t have a huge stomach either. Anyway – I increased it some and finally finished my character which I didn’t think looked like me at all.

We started to play some serious golf. Evan’s character appeared and I just had to stare at the muscular, tall, good looking man on the screen. Wow – I don’t recall him working out like that. Every time my character appeared Evan kept saying how big my backside was. That’s the last time I let my son help me create something that supposedly looks like me. He kept telling me how cool his guy looked and how big my backside was. Yeah – that’s what happens when you increase your midsection. Your backside gets bigger too!

  posted at 9:51 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I resemble that remark... er... post! Just wanted to stop by to say "Hi!" Thanks for visiting my blog last week.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Oh my gosh, that was so funny! If I ever get to meet you and Todd in person, please leave Evan at home. LOL

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger PDub said...

That's funny! I would never create my profile on Perry's games - I'm also too afraid of how I would turn out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • And the winner is...
  • Oscar the Cat
  • Book Review – Kaleidoscope Eyes by Karen Ball
  • Dog Days Of Summer Bloggy Giveaway
  • Facing The Giants
  • Fasten your bike helmet – It’s storming!
  • Why Do You Love Jesus?
  • I planted a bad seed.
  • Prayer Requests
  • Book Review – River’s Edge by Terri Blackstock

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: