Thursday, April 05, 2007
I’ve got a step-mom!
I never thought I’d have a step-mom. It just never entered my mind to think of either of my parents being with someone else. In some ways it seems surreal.

We left for Florida the day before the wedding and finally were able to meet Fran. I have to admit I was a bit nervous to meet my future step-mom the day before the wedding. I was so pleasantly surprised. She is a very nice lady and seems so happy being around Dad. We had dinner that night with her and her two sons. They were also very nice and that was an added bonus. One is kind of quiet while the other one loved to talk and joke around. Both were easy to get along with and I’m looking forward to meeting their families and getting to know them better.

Our trip down there was very busy. After the wedding we went to Sanibel Island for lunch and had a great view of the beach and water. Dad and Fran were going to spend a couple of days there. I love Sanibel Island. We have probably been down there 10 times or so and it is just a very relaxing place. In some ways I had wished that we could just stay there for a week and walk the beach, swim, look for shells, read, and relax.


Our plans were not quite like that though. We hopped in the car after lunch and drove to Orlando. Here is where that bad part of Sanibel Island comes in. Traffic can be horrendous. It took us over an hour to get off of the island and get back to Ft. Myers. We then had a 3 hr drive to Orlando. We had my sister and 13 yr old niece with us.

In Orlando we ended up staying at a really nice 3 bedroom condo that was very large. Lucky for us they had some really good prices on it because there were still building other buildings around the complex. We spent one day at Universal Studios and the other at Universal Islands of Adventure. Then we drove to Tampa and went to Busch Gardens for a day. It was fun but exhausting. You know how that is when you go to 3 theme parks and have 5 people who don’t necessarily want to all do the same thing. All in all it went well though.

We are back home now. At the end of the month my Dad and step-mom will be coming back up north to live for the summer. I’m looking forward to getting to know her better. I just wish them the very best and thank God for bringing them together.

  posted at 10:07 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 4:16 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! Good for you. I love the picture of you and Evan on the beach.

Have a blessed Easter, Lisa. And tell Todd he needs to stop by my blog. He's got a little surprise waiting for him...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Weekend To Remember – Part 2
  • Weekend To Remember
  • Am I Who I Say I Am?
  • My treadmill no longer treads!
  • He’s getting married!
  • An Ethical Dilemma - What Would You Do?
  • Uranus Stinks!
  • Mayonnaise Jar and Coffee
  • American Idol
  • Only Jesus Saves

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: