Wednesday, February 07, 2007
My treadmill no longer treads!
Since the beginning of the year I have been walking on my treadmill and a few times outside. I was inspired by a new blog friend who had posted about walking across America. That intrigued me so I read on and realized that anyone could sign up and at the end of each week she would add up all of the miles that people had walked and that is how far we walked as a group together. I liked the idea of walking with other bloggers. One blogger even said that while she walked she would be praying for all of the other walkers that signed up. I thought that was pretty neat. Each week there is a posting with a picture of how far we had gone on the map along with a picture of that area and what kind of places are around there. If you want to check it out click here.

I have only missed 3 days of walking since then. My goal has been to walk 7 miles a week. However, last week I made it 10 miles and I’m shooting for that again this week. I’m sure to a lot of you that doesn’t sound like a lot. But to me it has been about 80% more than I was doing before so that is good. It takes me 20 minutes to do a mile on the treadmill.

Today I was all prepared to get on and get my 2 miles in. However, about 4 minutes into my walk my treadmill starting to make this terrible noise and started to slow down. I looked down and the belt was way over to the left and starting to get cut by the sides. This happened last week and my wonderful husband somehow fixed it for me. He had to adjust the belt and then all was well.

We’ve had our treadmill for about 12 yrs and I think we maybe used it 10 times before I started using it this January. Before I could have cared less if it was working but now it is a matter of life and death. LOL!

Since Todd is out of town until tomorrow I decided to walk around my house instead. With the extremely cold temperatures and the 4” of snow we got yesterday evening walking outside was not an option. Evan just kind of stared at me when I told him I was going to walk around the house since the treadmill wasn’t working. My poor dog, Abby, started to follow me around like she always does and finally just stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. Well, she is a poodle and yes they are smart. LOL!

I decided it was best to do this during the day when the neighbors couldn’t see into the house real well. I’m sure I looked like a crazed person hurrying around and going in circles. I did walk for 20 minutes 2 different times so I got it done. I’m not sure what Todd will think when he comes home and sees the paths in the carpet from where I walked. Maybe I’ll have to get the vacuum out!

  posted at 4:07 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • He’s getting married!
  • An Ethical Dilemma - What Would You Do?
  • Uranus Stinks!
  • Mayonnaise Jar and Coffee
  • American Idol
  • Only Jesus Saves
  • Overachievers
  • Will you walk across the country with me?
  • Moving Forward
  • The Real Meaning of Christmas

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: