Thursday, March 08, 2007
Weekend To Remember – Part 2
I just wanted to share a bit about the “Weekend To Remember” that Todd and I went to last weekend. It was a great time for both of us. It was Friday evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday. The only thing that kind of got to us was sitting so much and the seats we were in. The hotel had such small chairs and they were right on top of each other. That made it kind of uncomfortable. That, however, is the only negative thing I can think of about the whole weekend.

There were all ages there. There were even engaged couples there. How neat that they were being so proactive about their future together. There were a few couples who had been married over 40 years. That just goes to show that marriage is something you have to work on and invest in all the time no matter how long you have been together.

There was so much material covered that each couple was bound to have an area that they needed to work on. I thought before we went that there would not be a whole lot for us to work on but as we started to go through the material we discovered areas that we definitely could improve upon. As the years have gone by it seems like we have each gotten so busy getting involved in things outside of the home. All of it is good stuff but we need to make sure that our marriage is a priority and not the leftovers at the end of the day. That is probably the main thing that hit us. By saying Yes to so many other activities in essence we are saying No to each other. By the time we get home from being involved in other things we are too tired to be there for each other the way we should be.

Another thing is to make sure we are modeling a good marriage to Evan. We want him to see us and to know what a good Christian marriage looks like. We have also planned to have a date night once a month. We very rarely go out together alone. Evan may not like this at first but hopefully he will see that our relationship together is a priority and understand this as he gets older. I think the more time we have as a couple the better parents we will be to him.

Lastly we decided to continue to work more on centering our marriage on God. We are going to use a couple’s devotional book that we bought a few years back and carve out the time to commune with God as a couple.

Besides the conference it was so nice to have that whole weekend just to ourselves.
We went to three of our favorite restaurants: Panera, Bravo, and Olive Garden. We talked and shared thoughts with each other that supported, uplifted, and encouraged one another. It made me realize how very blessed I am to have Todd as my husband. It was so nice spending that time with him. I will remember it forever because it was, of course, A Weekend To Remember.

  posted at 10:57 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 1:35 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Lisa, I am so happy for you and Todd! What a wonderful thing you did by taking the time to go be with each other in such a worthwhile event. And now you have new insights and plans to carry you along through this next step in your marriage.

God bless the two of you and thank you for being a couple that cares enough to make it work.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Todd M said...

No one I'd rather be on this journey with than you, sweetie! My only regret for the weekend is that we didn't get to eat at Kewpee, too! Lova ya!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Lisa M said...

I think the keyword is "our" favorite restaurants. LOL! That's okay - I can handle a hamburger on a cold bun. Just kidding! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Weekend To Remember
  • Am I Who I Say I Am?
  • My treadmill no longer treads!
  • He’s getting married!
  • An Ethical Dilemma - What Would You Do?
  • Uranus Stinks!
  • Mayonnaise Jar and Coffee
  • American Idol
  • Only Jesus Saves
  • Overachievers

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: