Saturday, February 03, 2007
He’s getting married!
I posted before about my Dad “Moving Forward” after my Mom’s death in September 2004. Well yesterday I got a call from him and he and Fran are engaged and getting married on March 30th in Florida.

I am not surprised by this but I guess the whole enormity of it is starting to sink in. I am very happy for him and anxious to meet Fran. However, there are a lot of painful feelings going through me as well. I know that Fran will never replace my Mom and I’m sure she isn’t wanting to do that anyway. But the fact that my Dad is moving on makes me miss my Mom even more.

They are still planning on living in Ohio in the summer and in Florida in the winter. He said they would stay in his Ohio home which will be nice. When he started to talk about moving into her house in Florida and eventually selling his Florida home it made me sad. There are so many memories there for me. We have probably been down there 10 out of the last 12 years. Todd, Evan and I would go down in the winter for a week and have the best time. Mom would always have things planned out for us to do and even schedule a dinner and a play for Todd and I to go see while they watched Evan. We took him since he was a baby and I’m sure he has memories there as well. We have only been down there once since Mom passed away. It was very hard being there without her. I had to take Mom’s place in the kitchen and we were on our own to make plans. I’m sure it was hard for Dad as well.

I know this is just another step in dealing with Mom being gone. I think there will always be steps. Hopefully they will be less steep as time goes on.

  posted at 8:42 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how I would feel in your situation. I would understand my Dad wanting a companion, but I don't think I would like someone living in "Mom's" house. Then again, him selling my childhood home would hurt too.

On another topic, I'm sorry I missed your walking miles last week. I will gladly add them on Friday. (I also mentioned this in comments over there.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • An Ethical Dilemma - What Would You Do?
  • Uranus Stinks!
  • Mayonnaise Jar and Coffee
  • American Idol
  • Only Jesus Saves
  • Overachievers
  • Will you walk across the country with me?
  • Moving Forward
  • The Real Meaning of Christmas
  • My Favorite Christmas Song

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: