Friday, August 10, 2007
People Food

Our dog Abby is pretty much into people food. She is good about eating her dog food but when we sit down to eat she is right there begging for whatever we can spare off of our plates. Sometimes we eat on TV trays and if Evan gets up and forgets to push back his tray she will try her luck at getting at his leftovers. She's sneaky like that.

For some reason she loves cooked pasta. She will go crazy for plain old pasta. Of course I don't give it to her with any type of sauce on it because she thinks it's great just the way it is. Cheese is also one of her favorites. As a matter of fact I hide any pills she ever has to take inside a piece of cheese and she gobbles it up. Never mind that weird taste it gets with a pill wrapped inside.

She even likes ice cream and yogurt. She likes to lick the lids off of my yogurt cups. I guess she is just as interested as I am in keeping her digestive track healthy when licking my Activia lids.

The only thing I've found that she doesn't like is bananas. And don't think you can trick her with strawberry-banana yogurt either. One sniff of that and she is turned off.

We used to have a maltese-pomeranian that loved chicken. Even if I got raw chicken out of the fridge she would go nuts.

Oh - did I mention that Abby loves bologna too? For some reason our mailman started giving her bologna. Any time she sees a mail truck she practically strangles herself to get to it. Sometimes she even trips over her own feet getting there. I try to tell her that only our wonderful mailman gives her bologna. It can get kind of disgusting in the summer on the days I work and the mail sits in the mailbox for awhile and the bologna is slowing cooking. Even on Sundays she drags me down to the mailbox to see if there is something there. By the way - our mailman is pretty cool. He asked me once if Abby would want to ride with him around the block. I told him she is not the best traveler. He then started naming off some of the dogs in the neighborhood that he has taken for a ride. I thought that was pretty humorous.

So - if you have a pet - what kind of people food do they like?

  posted at 6:58 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:04 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Okay, this is an area I know about! Grace and Petee's #1 treat is rice krispie squares...swear to God. They will leap off the side of the house to get one. (Okay, not really...)

They also love cheese (who doesn't?) but BOTH dogs will go crazy trying to steal one of the in-the-shell peanuts I sit out for the squirrels to eat. I don't really understand why but hey, they're dogs and I'm not!

Also - just want to make sure you know this because most people don't - don't EVER feed your dog either grapes or raisins. They can cause seizures and even death so make sure Evan knows to keep those away when feeding the poochie. She's way too cute to have something like that happen to her!

Have a great weekend, Lisa!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Draw The Line said...

My dog Bailey loves any kind of fruit. Apples and pears are his favorites. He will even jump up and grap them off of my neighbors fruit trees. Did I mention that he loves them.
One other thing that just makes him drool with desire is cookie dough. If he hears the electric mixer he comes running but then so do I.
I didn't relize grapes were bad so I will stop feeding them to him. He like them too. Thanks.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Jules ~ Rice Krispie treats? I'd be afraid to give Abby those. She gets stuff stuck in her fur around her mouth. One time she got into Evan's leftover Mac N Cheese and that was a real mess. LOL! I think pugs would be less messy in that situation. And I never knew about raisins and grapes. Thanks for mentioning that.

John ~ Bailey must be a health nut. LOL! That would be fun to watch him grab an apple off of a tree. Loved the comment about you running to the kitchen for the cookie dough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • A Mother's Prayer
  • Book Review – Whistling In The Dark by Lesley Kagen
  • If You Love Puppies...
  • Proverbs - 31 Chapters, 31 Days
  • What would your character look like?
  • And the winner is...
  • Oscar the Cat
  • Book Review – Kaleidoscope Eyes by Karen Ball
  • Dog Days Of Summer Bloggy Giveaway
  • Facing The Giants

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: