Thursday, January 11, 2007
Overachievers

I have really liked to use the word overachiever lately. An overachiever is someone who performs better or achieves more than expected. I think I have primarily used the word in a comical way to make myself feel better about being an underachiever.

Here are some recent uses of the word for me:

You see – we were lucky to get our Christmas tree up before Christmas and get the gifts purchased and wrapped. We were rushed to get our cards out on time and yes – our tree is still up. I do need to report, however, that there are no longer any lights or ornaments on it. The outdoor luminaries that our neighbors had put away over a week ago – well ours finally were taken down yesterday.

We have one child and yet I feel so disorganized all the time. I have to-do lists scattered about and sometimes getting good meals prepared daily is an issue.

I also am wondering how people get so many inspirational ideas for their blogs? I struggle to think of something even half way interesting to blog about once a week.

I think that all of the busyness of life is just overwhelming sometimes. I guess being an overachiever should not be all that important to me. God just wants me to be myself and to have a strong relationship with Him. He doesn’t really care when we get our Christmas tree up or how organized I am. He just wants my best for Him.


  posted at 2:23 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Nancy Murphree Davis said...

I had to laugh at this. I too wonder how people do it. I am a self-employed artist and barely have time to make art for all the other hats I juggle. I still haven't finished my Christmas cards. You're right though; if you keep God at the forefront of your life, the rest shouldn't matter. We aren't here to impress each other, but to impress Him on each other.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Julie R. said...

Just wanted to send greetings from your friend who didn't get out of her jammies until noon on Saturday, who has been known to feed her family frozen pizza for dinner on days when life is crazy, whose bathrooms haven't been scrubbed for weeks, who hasn't yet finished a book she received for her fourth wedding anniversary over ten years ago, whose daughters' room is nearly always covered with toys strewn all over the floor. I could go on with a hundred more things, but I wouldn't want to scare you...

This is real life for us -- things we do well and things we don't, some successes and some things that flop, learning God's love and grace in the midst of it all.

I'm so thankful that God loves us apart from what we do!

You are loved!
Julie

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about the busyness of life. My children are grown and out of the house,yet I feel like I never have enough time to complete a single endeavor the way that I would like. As I'm aging I find myself getting more and more anxious that I'm running out of time to do God's work--the work that REALLY counts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Will you walk across the country with me?
  • Moving Forward
  • The Real Meaning of Christmas
  • My Favorite Christmas Song
  • Happy Birthday Todd!
  • Mother Teresa
  • Compliments
  • Proud Parents
  • Here I Go!

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: