Tuesday, December 12, 2006
My Favorite Christmas Song
Do you know the song "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"? Well if you use that tune to the following words you get my favorite Christmas song:

1. The restroom door said Gentlemen
So I just walked inside
I took two steps and realized
I'd been taken for a ride
I heard high voices turned and found
The place was occupied

By two nuns, three old ladies, and a nurse
What could be worse?
Than two nuns, three old ladies and a nurse.

2. The restroom door said Gentlemen
It must have been a gag
As soon as I walked in there I ran into some old hag
She sprayed me with a can of mace
And snapped me with her bag.

I could tell this just wouldn't be my day
What can I say?
It just wasn't turning out to be my day.

3. The restroom door said Gentlemen
And I would like to find
The crummy little creep who had the nerve to switch the sign
Cause I've got two black eyes
And one high heel up my behind

Now I can't sit with comfort and joy
Boy, oh, boy
No, I'll never sit with comfort and joy.

Okay - maybe that isn't my favorite song. But it sure is a bit funny you have to admit. My favorite Christmas song is Silent Night. When I sing Silent Night I think of the birth of Jesus and the fact that it wasn't in a fancy place with really important people around. It was in a barn with animals and I'm sure with some funky smells. The place it happened wasn't what was important but what was happening was of utmost importance. Our Savior was being born.

We always have sung this song at the end of the Christmas Eve service at church every year since I was a kid. We light candles and it is very touching. It seems like after all of the stress of preparing for Christmas there is finally a chance to really take in what Christmas is all about.

Thank you God for sending us your Son and thank you for this song that brings back the reality of the season. Jesus is the reason for the season. All is calm..... all is bright.

Silent night, Holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in Heavenly peace
Sleep in Heavenly peace

Silent night, Holy night
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from Heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Hallelujah
Christ, the Savior is born
Christ, the Savior is born

Silent night, Holy night
Son of God, love’s pure light
Radiant beams from thy Holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at thy birth

  posted at 9:41 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a funny and then beautiful post. Thanks, Sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Happy Birthday Todd!
  • Mother Teresa
  • Compliments
  • Proud Parents
  • Here I Go!

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: