Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Mother Teresa
I was browsing through a Christian catalog today and came across a quote from Mother Teresa. I have been struggling over the last couple of days with trying to keep a good attitude and not let others and the world get me down. Normally I am in a pretty upbeat mood and don't get discouraged easily so it really has frustrated me to feel the way I have. These words of Mother Teresa helped me to realize how the most important relationship I have is the one I have with God and to focus on that. I cannot please everyone else nor can they please me. We live in an imperfect world. I need to focus on what I'm giving out rather than what I'm taking in. I hope you are blessed by her message:

People are often unreasonable and self-centered.
FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.
BE KIND ANYWAY.

If you are honest, people may cheat you.
BE HONEST ANYWAY.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous.
BE HAPPY ANYWAY.


The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
DO GOOD ANYWAY.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
IT NEVER WAS BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY.


~ Mother Teresa

  posted at 6:47 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I think I need to print that one up and stay in it for awhile. I have heard something similar, but didn't realize that was Mother Teresa. My cousin Lisa had a unique opportunity to serve with Mother Teresa in India when she was in college. A pretty incredible woman. It would be neat to read more about her.

Blessings to you!
Julie

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Wow - that sounds like a cool experience for your cousin. I have another quote from Mother Teresa that I saw in Princess Diana's prayer book. We went to the Princess Diana Exhibit at the Dayton Art Institute when it was there. I will share it sometime too! I've been curious to know more about Mother Teresa too. Thanks Julie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lisa M

Location:
Ohio, United States


I am very happily married to my husband Todd. We have a son, Evan, that means the world to us. We also have a cute little teacup poodle named Abby. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I continue to be on the journey as a Christ follower. Every day brings its challenges but I know I'm never alone. He is always there with me.

My Complete Profile


Cool Blogs
  • Todd's Blog
  • Antique Mommy
  • Boo Mama
  • Big Mama
  • Lori's Comfort Zone
  • Callapidder Days
  • Maced With Grace
  • Rocks In My Dryer
  • Dad Bloggers
  • Living In Grace
  • Faith Lifts
  • Beth Moore's Blog

  • Recent Posts
  • Compliments
  • Proud Parents
  • Here I Go!

  • Archives
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007

  • Books I've Read in 2007...
  • Lessons I Learned In The Dark
  • Uncharted
  • Down (Syndrome) But Not Out
  • Same Kind Of Different As Me
  • Kill Me
  • River's Edge
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Whistling In The Dark
  • Quaker Summer
  • Marley and Me
  • One Tuesday Morning


  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by: